As Shown on NBC
Garrison Redd's Story
“When I was 17, on an ordinary summer night in NY I got struck by a stray bullet while walking outside my house.”
The young high school football star was not the intended target, but in that moment, his goal to go pro was shattered.
“My doctor said, ‘You may not be a pro football player, but you can be a coach.’ And from there I just thought about becoming a leader. I’m gonna inspire people. I’m gonna motivate people to be their best self.
Now I am both a coach and a US Paralympic Weightlifting Athlete.” Garrison is now the top athlete in his weight class in the country.
He can lift more than twice his body weight.
“The new Sensoria Mat is easy to use and it can help people get started and stay healthy by weight shifting and lifting part of their own weight on a wheelchair a few times a day, coached by a simple and elegant mobile app in their own wellness and fitness journey.” – Garrison Redd
Research Engineer at Rancho Los Amigos National Rehabilitation Center
If you spend significant time in a wheelchair you are at risk of developing pressure ulcers.
About 3 million people suffer from pressure sores and 60,000 patients lose their lives due to complications related to pressure ulcers each year in the US.
The best way to prevent ulcers is to change position and perform pressure relief exercises.
Introducing Sensoria® Mat
Wheelchair seat cushions are designed for comfort, pressure management, posture improvement, and increased stability.
However, how do you know that they actually reduce the risk of ulceration?
Sensoria® Mat features
- Maximizes comfort
- Reminds you to do pressure relief activities
- Tracks and monitors quality of each repetition
Provides expert coaching through mobile application
Sensoria® Mat Mobile App
Sensoria® Mat Mobile App features
- Guides your daily pressure relief routine
- Provides alerts and behavioral feedback
- Helps you stay healthy and reduce risk of ulceration
- Allows sharing of data with family, friends and caregivers
- Tested and validated by Rancho National Rehab Center (LA)
- Smartphone application communicates with your cushion
- Application reminds you when it is time to perform left, right and forward lean exercises
- Application tracks progress and monitors your goals during each exercise session
- Daily, weekly and monthly views
Sensoria® Mat Clinically Tested
The fully functional smart cushion and mobile app prototype is currently being tested at Rancho Los Amigos National Rehabilitation Center in Los Angeles. Their hospital and research center have earned the highest status as a spinal cord injury care facility and is the only nationally designated spinal cord injury model system located on the west coast.